Cystic Fibrosis (CF) team
Who are we?
Dr Vhairi Bateman (Consultant in Infectious Diseases & Microbiology))
Ms Hannah Cheyne (Physiotherapist)
Ms Stephanie Cruikshank (Physiotherapist)
Mrs Susan Douglas (Health care assistant / Physio team)
Mrs Margaret Macleod (Physiotherapist)
Mrs Jen Still (Dietician)
Mrs Genna Wood (Nurse Specialist)
Who do we see?
- We see adult patients with CF, following transfer from the children’s clinic.
- Transition to the adult clinic is usually around the age of 15-16 years but does vary.
- We try to provide a friendly and informal atmosphere for patients and their families, and we try to make the transition period between the two clinics as smooth as possible for you.
- Any comments or suggestions on how we can improve the service we offer are always very welcome.
When is CF clinic?
- It is held on a Thursday afternoon from 1.30pm until 4.30pm.
- "Annual review" visits are held on a Thursday morning. These visits are more detailed, with lots of tests, and each patient will have an annual review visit usually in the month of their birthday.
Which ward are patients with cystic fibrosis admitted to?
- Ward 107, Emergency Care Centre, Green Zone, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
- Ward 107 has a “direct admission” policy for anyone with CF. This means that admission can be arranged without the need to see a GP or colleagues in A&E first - it is important obviously to phone Ward 107 first before turning up!
- Patients are looked after in a single room with en suite facilities.
- Each week there is an "on call" team that look after all the patients in Ward 107, but the CF team provide input with regular visits.
- At weekends, the on call Respiratory team continue to provide your care and they can contact us for advice in emergencies, or more often leave a message for us to contact you on their return.
How to contact us?
- For general advice / possible ward admission, please contact the CF Specialist Nurses, details above.
- We will always see patients at short notice if the need is urgent.
- For appointment related issues contact the CF Secretary Mrs Diane Mitchell.
- If needing to contact Ward 107 then (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) 01224 555107 or if out of hours 01224 551862