MDT - cystic fibrosis
- Clinic C.
- Approximately 1100-1230: Annual review patients seen
- 1400-1600: Main Cystic Fibrosis (CF) clinic
- 1600-1700: CF multidisciplinary meeting (MDT)
- Health care professionals and colleagues working in NHS Grampian (not open to the general public).
- On a Thursday morning 2-3 patients are seen for their "annual review." This is a more detailed assessment than usual clinic visits, and is typically held during their birthday month.
- From 2pm the main Cystic Fibrosis clinic is held. There are typically 4-7 patients, and each patient stays in single room and is visited sequentially by the Cystic Fibrosis nurses specialist, Consultant, Physiotherapist, Pharmacist, Dietician, Psychologist and sometimes colleagues from other teams e.g. Gastroenterology, Diabetes.
- Around 4pm or later the Cystic Fibrosis team meet and hold a MDT.
- If you are attending the CF clinic you should introduce yourself to the Consultant or CF Nurse Specialist (Mrs Kairen Griffiths, Ms Sandra Steele, Mrs Genna Wood) and ask if there are any patients with CF who might be agreeable to you sitting in with them. There are issues with cross-infection within the CF population, so it is critically important to check with the Nurses first before sitting in.